RE: [wtp-pmc] Discuss Version Number of 2007 Release as WTP 2.0

Agreed – let’s discuss via email and try to finalize the number on the next call.

From: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Arthur Ryman
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 7:10 AM
To: wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [wtp-pmc] Discuss Version Number of 2007 Release as WTP 2.0

I've seen notes where people refer to the next version as either WTP 1.6 or WTP 2.0. Our roadmap [1] shows it as WTP 2.0. I think this is a good choice for the following reasons:

1. we will have some new major features, e.g. Java EE 5, so the version number should increase significantly
2. we'll have Web 2.0 content such as AJAX tools
3. the new wave of Web services technologies have 2's in them: Axis2, SOAP 1.2, WSDL 2.0

Does anyone have another proposal?

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/planning/roadmap.html

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division