RE: [wtp-pmc] SAP involvement in WTP

No, we didn’t get that far – this was mostly a meet & greet and a chance for me to explain something about the process and schedule. That’s a great topic for the followup call with them, or I’d be happy to ping Michael sooner if you think that’s helpful.

From: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Arthur Ryman
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 10:19 AM
To: WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements, and Group discussions)
Cc: WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements, and Group discussions); wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx; mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [wtp-pmc] SAP involvement in WTP

Tim,

Great progress. Was there any discussion of SAP contributing a NetWeaver server adapter?

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

"Tim Wagner" <twagner@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/13/2005 12:57 PM

Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)"

"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject

[wtp-pmc] SAP involvement in WTP

All,

Had a good conversation with Georg Lenz and Michael Falk of SAP this morning about their interest in getting involved with SAP. Summary:

  • Previous attempts to engage did not succeed; hoping to be more successful this time around
  • Summarized 2005/6 WTP release cycle; 1.0 looks like first release they could build on
  • SAP interested in participating in requirements & planning for 1.0 release to ensure they can be a consumer of the APIs
  • SAP likely to commit 1 F/T dev to WTP, with J2EE and Eclipse plugin skillset, drawn from NetWeaver devstudio team
  • Followup call in two weeks to assess involvement, plan next steps
  • Michael to contact J2EE component leads (Naci, Chuck) directly with model-specific questions

Tim

Dr. Tim Wagner
Senior Manager for Open Source IDE and Language Tools
Phone: 206.926.2945
Tim.Wagner@xxxxxxx

BEA Systems, Inc.
999 North Northlake Way
Suite 100

Seattle, WA 98103

Fax: 206.675.8250
www.bea.com

WebLogic Workshop: Leading edge tools for J2EE and Web developers.

Join CEO Alfred Chuang and CTO Mark Carges on June 15 for a unique online
event, giving you the first look at a new category of enterprise software
built specifically for Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).

Register Now.  It's Free!

http://www.bea.com/events/june15