Re: [wtp-pmc] Re: Webtools website CVS

+1

I hate to give up on this too soon .... recall it was intended so the community could submit patches for broken web pages, improvements, etc. I'll admit we haven't had a lot of takers ... but its still kind of early to stop trying.

It seems to me the "odd" part of the arrangement is that all projects share the "common" area, which currently is just about 30 images ... isn't there some way that tiny bit could become "local" to each project (such as alias's which point back to the true single copy somewhere?).

Its not a big deal, if there's no feasible solution, I do not think this is a "must have".

Thanks,

David

*Arthur Ryman <ryman@xxxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/09/2005 08:42 AM
Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements, and Group discussions)"

"Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy)" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx>, wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
	Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
	[wtp-pmc] Re: Webtools website CVS

Denis,

Isn't there anyway to limit what gets checked out? If not, then I am OK with you making webtools consistent with the other projects.

By cc, does anyone on the PMC have a concern with removing the anonymous read access to our Web site?

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

*"Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy)" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx>*

06/09/2005 04:11 AM

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
	Webtools website CVS

Gentlemen,

I'm starting to have issues with the Webtools CVS website being readable
anonymously. When new projects seek out to synchronize the "www"
project, they get a shiny version of webtools to boot.  Below is an
e-mail I got from someone on the Buckminster team. Is there any way we
can have the webtools project be like all others and disable anonymous
access? It seems that the bulk of the webtools committers are in the
access list for the website anyway...

> I have a minor issue: if I (and presumably my buckminster colleagues,
> haven't been able to check) try to do a cvs checkout of
> /home/cvs/org.eclipse/www we get the toplevel stylesheets, the images
> directory and buckminster...and also the webtools directory. I think
> there is a missing security setting somewhere so as to block us out of
> the webtools stuff completely. Not that we have any intentions of trying
> to do anything with it :-), but we get a lot of things checkedout that
> we simply don't need, and just takes a bunch of time to run 'update'
> etc. As we get 'permission denied' on all the other subdirs under www I
> just figure it should be the same with webtools, right?

Naci Dai,
eteration a.s. Inonu cad. Sumer sok. Zitas D1-15
Kozyatagi, Istanbul 34742
+90 (533) 580 2393 (cell)
+90 (216) 361 5434 (phone)
+90 (216) 361 2034 (fax)