fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

----- Forwarded by Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM on 05/06/2005 11:40 AM -----
jograham@xxxxxxxxxx

05/02/2005 11:31 AM

Hung.Hsi@xxxxxxxxxx, rcernich@xxxxxxxxxx, ledunnel@xxxxxxxxxx, hskolwal@xxxxxxxxxx, wli@xxxxxxxxxxx, nelin@xxxxxxxxxx, bpayton@xxxxxxxxxx, sholars@xxxxxxxxxx, Alex Vainchtein/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, dpchou@xxxxxxxxxx, dehnhardt@xxxxxxxx, sperez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pclenahan@xxxxxxxxxxx, rgreene@xxxxxxxxxxx, simon.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, igor.shabalov@xxxxxxxxxx, lchan@xxxxxxxxxxx, Karl.Reti@xxxxxxxxxx, dirk.leRoux@xxxxxxxxx, NEIL.HAUGE@xxxxxxxxxx, Karl.Reti@xxxxxxxxxx, rcernich@xxxxxxxxxx, Hung.Hsi@xxxxxxxxxx, wli@xxxxxxxxxxx, Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, igor.shabalov@xxxxxxxxxx, dpchou@xxxxxxxxxx, ajciccon@xxxxxxxxxx, nelin@xxxxxxxxxx, Somasundaram.Shanmugam@xxxxxxxxxx, Xiao.Wang@xxxxxxxxxx
cc
bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
DTP Meeting Follow up

I want to thank everyone who participated in last week's meetings: I think
we really made a lot of progress in the consolidation, and this shows great
promise for the success of DTP. I'd like to take a moment to update the
group on the current status, and suggest some steps for going forward.

In the original set of DTP strategy calls, we talked about having a
face-to-face consolidation meeting followed at some later point by a
charter writing meeting. We also said that we would like to have Bjorn
present at the second of these meetings. As it turns out, Bjorn will be in
Concord, MA on May 12 (Thurs), and has expressed interest in meeting with
us to prepare DTP for the June 11 and 12th board meetings (which would be
the creation review). Given the large amount of progress made last week, I
think we have enough material and consensus to make this move. We would, of
course, welcome anyone who wants to participate in person for that day, and
I can make a teleconference number available for dial-in at the appropriate
times for remote participation.

Next, some suggestions for moving forward with DTP:

  Let's cancel the DTP strategy (Thurs) and DTP consolidation (Wed)
  regular meetings, since I don't think such general discussion will serve
  a purpose any longer
  We designated leads for each component area last Thurs. I'd like to work
  with each lead to insure that appropriate follow-up meetings are being
  held, so we don't lose momentum.
  Let's compile a DTP mailing list where meetings can be announced and
  general discussion can take place. As a start, let's use the addresses
  in the "To:" line of this current message. Please let me know who should
  be removed and added to the group.
  I have the connectivity break-out group notes from last week. Once I get
  the SQL development tools notes, then I can create one "consolidation
  notes" document to be posted in some manner (as determined through
  discussions with Bjorn) on the DTP web site, so the rest of the
  community can review it.

Other items/thoughts/comments?

Regards,
John Graham