[wtp-incubator-dev] Begging of The End?

Holger,

I am not sure why you've started this crusade, but it is clear to me that
you've managed to miss the entire point of the WTP incubator. It exists
precisely to have no entry barriers. It supposed to encourage people with
new ideas and half-finished projects in WTP space to come work on them in
the open and gain experience of being a committer safely away from
production code.

EDP does not account for persistent incubator projects. They are technically
not allowed, because they don't have a well defined scope and never mature.
Persistent incubators have sprung up as a grass roots idea using social
norms rather than EDP as the guiding principle. EMO has largely looked the
other way, because they work so well.

WTP incubator has been pretty active (although it has yet to produce much
that is merged upstream). Let's not kill the spark that makes it work. Your
defense of the process is misplaced in this project.

- Konstantin

Back to the top