Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Jaxen for XML Outline

From: David Carver <d_a_carver@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:38:36 -0500

>Jesper, I think I remember you mentioning that the XML Configurable
>Outliner was needed Jaxen for it's XPath support?   Is there a
>particular reason that the JAXP implementation couldn't be used?

Actually, it was Doug's implementation of the XPath view, if memory serves me correctly.

JAXP has a pretty stupid API when it comes to result values, since we have to specify up front if we want a nodeset (which we prefer for the view) or a string (which is needed for simple expressions). A clumsy workaround is supplied in the version in CVS.

Jaxen fixes this by returning an Object which is then examined and displayed accordingly.

The secondary issue is for opening up the XPath parser or parse tree, for validation and completion purposes. But for that, I'll have a hard look at the BPEL XPath stuff. And I doubt I'm going to have time to get this in place anytime soon.

>I'm willing to try and get jaxen through IP if we need it.

No immediate need at all. JAXP will do the trick as supplied, if clumsily.

Thanks, Jesper

Back to the top