[wtp-dev] Reminder: Office (half) Hour tomorrow

Hi folks,
Just a quick reminder that I'll have our conference call meeting open at the usual time. I only have a half hour this week, though, due to a packed schedule. Here's what's going on with WTP:

1) WTP builds moving to JIRO:
Good news: all the projects are buildable. Bad news: a number of them have failing tests.
  • Source Editing has new failures caused by a bump in the Xerces version from 2.9 to 2.12.1. I'll get them back down to 0 as soon as I can. Anyone who knows me knows that I do not like removing/disabling tests as a solution.
  • Releng needs to determine how to publish builds from JIRO. As mentioned in bug 568553, our buildmeister could probably use a hand.
2) Jakarta EE, 9 and above:
Jakarta EE 9 has GA'd, and we have a facet version for it in place. Our Jakarta EE 9 query* has progress being made, but there is at least one more item I'd like to see completed in this release, bug 565498, regarding the Servet/Listener/Filter wizards. Who knows, maybe it's even time for them to be rewritten by an interested party. Also, the Jakarta EE Platform call now regularly includes what's going on for 9.1, but so far it seems minimal for tooling.

3) Java 16 is expected in March 2021, and our facet for it is in place.

Maybe I'll see you tomorrow, but as before, you can reply right here to discuss anything you like. Until next time!

--
Regards,
Nitin Dahyabhai

Back to the top