[wtp-dev] Reminder: Status Call tomorrow, and about that M1...

Surprise! That there is a status call tomorrow shouldn't be a surprise, but a late M1 sure is! Constrained availability of our releng lead meant that some of the areas that needed updating to produce 3.17 builds weren’t completed in time. There will be no smoke testing of that build--it's there for adopters who were waiting for changes to be in a build that won't be deleted in a matter of days, and our M2 candidate is only a week away.

As a reminder, though, when a milestone candidate is declared, each component should be running their smoke tests and replying loudly if they find a problem that merits a respin. Also, if you're not familiar with the panel on https://ci.eclipse.org/webtools/view/webtools_CI/, a build marked "Unstable" means you have failing unit tests or other problems with your build. Builds that fail unit tests should be an abnormality, so please, make some time to rectify them (preferably by fixing tests instead of disabling/removing tests).

I'll see you tomorrow, cameras permitting.

Regards,
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP PMC Lead
nitind@xxxxxxxxxx