[wtp-dev] dynamic web project doesn't find servlet framework classes

Hello,
   I'm using the latest version of Eclipse JEE Oxygen IDE. I created a "Dynamic Web Project" with File -> New -> Dynamic Web Project.

I then created a Sevlet as follows:
Java Resources -> src -> New -> Servlet

This action successfully creates a Servlet skeleton within the IDE. But none of the javax.servlet.* classes are available in my Eclipse project. I got them from an external source (in my case, from local Tomcat's lib\servlet-api.jar). If I was not using Tomcat, I could have downloaded servlet-api.jar from web.

Is it normal to work like this? Shouldn't the Eclipse JEE Oxygen IDE, provide the JAR servlet-api.jar?

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi

Back to the top