[wtp-dev] Question on jdt settings

Hi All:

I've noticed that the JDT settings for WTP are very strict. I don't personally have a problem with this, but I've also noticed a lot of errors on import due to these settings.

I've also heard tell that the newest releases of Tycho 100% respect these settings, and will fail builds for things like unnecessary casts or unused variables.

Over the next year, do we want to:
  a) Clean up the code to actually *be* compliant with our required settings,  or
  b) Liberalize our settings?

I imagine the answer is #1... but if that is our answer, we should be prepared to actually go in and clean this stuff up ;) There's a lot of technical debt that's been building there for years.

- Rob Stryker

Back to the top