Re: [wtp-dev] My POC with texmate (for syntax coloration) and Eclipse Text Editor

What takes so long there?

It's the compute of the full tokens when file content is a very big. You can start the main https://github.com/angelozerr/textmate.java/blob/master/fr.opensagres.language.textmate/src/fr/opensagres/language/textmate/Main3.java which tokenize angular.js and you will see the problem. But VSCode has the same problem. When you open the angular.js file at first it is not colorized. After few seconds it is colorized. When you close and reopen it, the editor is already colorized (I think a cache must be done).

> Eclipse-Text is bleezing fast for lexical highlighting.

It's slow the first time when you open an editor.

> Is it just slow up-front or also slow while typing?

No typing is very quick.

That seems quite interesting, and goes beyong WTP. It can be a pretty good way to set up decent editors for any language.

Exactly! Glad this idea please you:)

Would you be interested in contributing it to the org.eclipse.e4.ui repository.

Yes sure, I will try to do that when I will find time. But to be honnest with you, I would like to know before if there are really people who could be interested with this project (and help me for contribution). I'm very busy with typescript.java, so I have a little time.

More I have done a lot of copied/pasted from vscode-textmate that I have updated to have Java syntax. VSCode is MIT, I don't know what I must set as header in my Java files.

Regard's Angelo

Hey Angelo,