Re: [wtp-dev] XPath-like support for JSON?

Hi Kim,

My idea with JSONPath is to support completion which is mapped with a JSON Schema to (see JSONCompletionProposalComputer). The idea is to have a retrieve Shema properties of the parent JSON node. I could use directly IJSONNode like:

IJSONSchemaDocument#getProperty(IJSONNode node);

But my idea was to have IJSONSchemaDocument which works with any node (not only with Eclipse), and put IJSONSchemaDocument in the minimal-json project. See https://github.com/ralfstx/minimal-json/issues/45

That's why I have created IJSONPath, but it's not implemented. It was just for the API.

Regard's Angelo

I'm looking over the code in the wtp-json project and I came across an unimplemented class, org.eclipse.json.schema.JSONPath.  I'm wondering what the purpose of this class is, and if it was intended to support an XPath-like _expression_ language for JSON?

Thanks,

Kim Tsao
WebSphere Application Server Development Tools
Phone: 905-413-4151 Tie: 969-4151
Email: ktsao@xxxxxxxxxx