At first, Happy new year! Here my comments:
1) Working with AST tree to detect tasks.
I think with simple parser like esprima, it should be more difficult to do it.
2) JSON editor is now merged.
It's a very cool news! Thanks Victor to have helped me.
> Gorkem will open a bugzilla for JSON Editor json schema catalog
* validate a JSON stream
* provide completion for JSON Schema (it should start working)
But IMHO, I think the first work to do is to :
* validate the IJSONModel API
* fix bugs to synch IJSONModel and editor (when user types some contents, it should sync the IJSONModel correctly) It's a very hard task, but the most important, because as IJSONModel is not very synched, there are a lot of bugs when user types some content (completion doesn't work for instance).
3) XML/HTML validation extension
> Gathering feedback from Angelo(the requestor for the extension)