From:        David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
To:        "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        11/11/2015 07:27 PM
Subject:        Re: [wtp-dev] Declaring Build for wtp-R3.8.0-I: I-3.8.0-20151027010029 - a question ...
Sent by:        wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

WTP and Dali Teams,

In case you have not been closely following
bug 481095, it appears DTP will be ready with a revert of the "major field" change for Neon M3. (Brian Payton is, at this moment, doing yet another build to correct part of what is mentioned in the bug -- should be done "in an hour or two").

So, that will leave WTP on the critical path. Is this build (I-3.8.0-20151027010029) the same as your your later "M3" (S-3.8.0M3-20151111010029) except for the DTP prereq change?

In other words, will it be easy for you to "revert"? I that I-build "close enough" or were there other significant changes to where you would want to do a complete rebuild, and provide an M3a?

I am trying to get an idea, or confirmation, if possible to revert now, even if Sim. Release M3 is a day or two late, rather than cause even more disruption later. (As I'm sure you all remember, I "went down" a level between milestones in WTP's early days, and it took years before I stopped hearing of all the problems that caused  -- great, now I've just reminded everyone again.  :)

Feel free to comment in bug 481095 on impact and outlook.

Thanks,