[wtp-dev] Please ready WTP's M3 New and Noteworthy by the 3rd of November

It's time, once again, to put together the New and Noteworthy for our
latest milestone!  The place holders for M3 are in the web site repository
and you can browse the in-progress version at
http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/news/3.4M3/ .  As usual, if a
project doesn't have anything written up when it is time to update our
news feed, their link will just be commented out from the overview page.
Let's try and have this ready by the morning of the 3rd.

To set your workspace up to edit your project's contents, committers
should connect to the web site CVS repository at
:extssh:dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/org.eclipse and either check out the
contents of the /www/webtools folder, or just the folder for this
milestone in /www/webtools/development/news/3.4M3 .  Like the rest of our
Nova-based web site, we use a PHP-based XSL transformation on the XML
contents to generate our web pages.  The transform means we're not all
editing individual web pages directly, helping us keep a consistent
layout.   Opening the XML files locally in a web browser will allow you to
see them in a rendered form, minus the Indigo styling.  The pages
themselves are loosely organized around groupings of our projects, but
that's always changeable if desired.

Remember that good content for the New and Noteworthy includes additions
that users will see, and hopefully, be delighted with.  Screenshots are a
must.  Showcasing the myriad of the platforms we work on is good (although
let's try to stick to just one per page), but be mindful to crop your
images so that the final web page fits in the display resolutions our
users would have (700 pixels or narrower is ideal).  API additions or
changes, significant version number updates, and especially migration
information should instead be recorded in a "New Help for Old Friends VII"
document.

As always, if there are any questions, let me know.

Regards,
---
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP JSDT and Source Editing