Re: [wtp-dev] What happend to http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/repository/indigo/ ?

> I broke it while cleaning up milestones in preparation for release.

And here I thought RC's were milestones too ;)

> I can restore it, but, be warned. M7 was the last time we ever updated it. So, I'll restore that. Adopters/builders/packagers should use the build-specific repository URLs (and, update to latest, as new builds become available) if they want exact bits.

Nope that is not always true IMO - what they want is continuous integration and for that a stable staging url is rather important.

True, doing full product builds you want exact bits, but that is not the only game in town.

> http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R3.3.0/S-3.3.0RC4b-20110607160810/repository/
>
> Or, even better, I'd suggest adopters/builders/packagers to use the archived p2 repository produced for each build, such as
> http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/webtools/downloads/drops/R3.3.0/S-3.3.0RC4b-20110607160810/wtp-repo-S-3.3.0RC4b-20110607160810.zip
> That way, you'll always have a copy, even when I break you :)

We do download mirrors of plugins to avoid these kind of things but for some of our default builds we share with the community we point to public urls so
they get latest bits instead of relying on whatever last update we made to our mirror.

> But, sincerely, apologies for the oversight.

Beers at eclipsecon ? :)

/max