Re: [wtp-dev] Javascript inheritance and auto-complete

Prototype based inheritance is the only inheritance mechanism supported by the _javascript_ editor it WTP.

If there are others you think should be supported please open an enhancement request: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=JSDT

Thanks,
Chris

Inactive hide details for Chris Dew ---01/07/2011 08:27:00 AM---Do any of the common forms of _javascript_ inheritance, when usedChris Dew ---01/07/2011 08:27:00 AM---Do any of the common forms of _javascript_ inheritance, when used in source code, allow auto complete to show completions which i

          Chris Dew <cmsdew@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          01/07/2011 08:26 AM

          Please respond to
          "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[wtp-dev] _javascript_ inheritance and auto-complete

Do any of the common forms of _javascript_ inheritance, when used in source code, allow auto complete to show completions which include the superclass' methods/properties?

I've already discovered that the following psudo-class structure works nicely with auto complete:

function Element() {
}

Element.prototype.foo = function(arg) {
}

I'm looking for some guidance as to which form of inheritance I should use to make a project WTP-friendly.

Thanks,

wtp-dev mailing list
wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx