[wtp-dev] Java EE smoke passes with 5 bugs!

Hi, I have just executed the java ee smoke test for

Build
http://build.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/wtp-R3.1-I/20081010055538/I
-3.1-20081010055538/

There were no problems with the functionality declared in the smoke
test. All the verify statements have "passes" and the provided
fuctionality is working.

There are, on the other hand, a number of issues (5) connected with
errors in the error log or warning in the problems view. I have created
the appropriate bugs
http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Smoke_Test_Results_R31_101008

Because of this issues I was thinking of declaring the smoke test as
"failing".
But it is more appropriate to first extend the checks in the smoke test
so that they include
"Verify there are no errors in the error log".

At least for the maintenance release this might be appropriate.

What do you think? Should we extends the smoke tests to check the error
log and problems view?

Best Regards,
Kiril

Back to the top