From: Eugene Kuleshov [mailto:eu@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 9:35 AM
To: User Interface Architecture Working Group
Cc: Konstantin Komissarchik; WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements, and Group discussions)
Subject: Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] WTP Facets Framework UI Walkthrough Notes

Raev, Kaloyan wrote:

> Here are the notes I have taken during the WTP Facets Framework UI

> walkthrough that we did on Wednesday.

> There are some screenshot uploaded on the wiki that can be used for a

> quick reference while reading the notes:

> http://wiki.eclipse.org/UI_Walkthrough_Facets

  I also would like to bring up another somewhat confusing issue about

facets. It is that for Java projects (and probably for some other

projects) they imply certain jars to be added as project

dependencies/classpath. I am not completely sure about internals of

this, but this feature is conflicting with dependency management

mechanisms and tools, such as Maven and also somewhat overlaps with

JDT's own build path configuration UI. It would be interesting to see

more detailed discussion on that.

  Not sure if you know, but m2e Maven tools project is being provisioned

at Eclipse [1] and it is based on m2eclipse [2], which already has some

WTP support [3] (screenshots are based on WTP 2.x, so it may look

slightly different then one shown to the UI expert group).

  I would really like to find a good way to interoperate between Maven

tools and WTP facets and how UI for that should look like. There is some

interesting challenges around configuring Maven projects to work with

WTP, but that perhaps belong to the cross project issues mailing list.

  regards,

  Eugene

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/m2e/

[2] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Home

[3] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/WTP+mini+howto

Notice: This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information of BEA Systems, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

Back to the top