[wtp-dev] Module Publish Delta question

Hi All:

I created an EAR project as well as a dynamic web project as a member of the EAR.  I then published the EAR to a server. (What type of server shouldn't matter right now, as my error (?) is in the default behavior for servers).  After changing a file in the dependent WAR, and selecting a publish sync, I receive no deltas in the publish method, specifically in ServerBehaviorDelegate.getPublishedResourceDelta.

It's obvious why there's no delta; the method is only keeping track of resources in that project, not in any dependent projects. However, because the EAR *contains* the WAR, is this appropriate behavior?

When writing my server adapter, how *should* I incrementally publish the above example? Or, more specifically, is it possible for me to gain access to deltas on child modules or not?

 Is there some API that I'm not using which will find changed files in the dependent modules, or is this simply not kept track of?  Browsing the code, it seems it's just not kept track of, since the WAR module itself isn't published to the server.

Any ideas / suggestions are welcome.

- Rob Stryker

Back to the top