From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Craig Salter
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 8:35 AM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] Question about Validate context menu in 1.5

Hi Konstantin,

I spotted these same issue a while ago.  I agree that these are painful
problems.
For issue #1 I opened bug 138744.
For issue #2 I opened bug 138743.
There's also some related discussion to validator behaviour here 144766
where David makes some good observations about validators running jobs
not
working nicely with dialogs.

thanks

Craig

Craig Salter
Rational Studio XML Web Services
Internal Mail: D3/RY6/8200 /MKM
Phone: (905) 413-3918  TL: 969-3918 FAX: (905) 413-4920
Internet: csalter@xxxxxxxxxx     Notes: Craig Salter/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

             "Konstantin

             Komissarchik"

             <kosta@xxxxxxx>
             Sent by:                  "General discussion of
project-wide
             wtp-dev-bounces@e         or architectural issues."

             clipse.org                <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

             03/11/2006 10:52
Subject
             AM                        [wtp-dev] Question about Validate

                                       context menu in 1.5

             Please respond to

                 "General

               discussion of

              project-wide or

               architectural

                 issues."

I got a question about the Validate context menu in 1.5. We?ve had some
people notice the difference from how this behaves between 1.0.x and
1.5.x.

1. It appears that Validate now appears on every file type, even ones
that
are clearly not being validated (such as .properties and .java). Is this
expected? If so, could someone explain the reasoning for this change?

2. When Validate menu item is selected, often it is not clear what
happened. In 1.0.3 a dialog would appear that would show whether the
file
validated or not. Is this expected? It seems a bit less user-friendly
than
the old behavior.

Thanks,

- Konstantin