[wtp-dev] Minutes of the WTP Status Telecon, 2006-10-12

Dail-in numbers

USA:   1-210-795-1100
Toll Free:   866-880-0098
Participant passcode:   5433170

1.0 WTP 1.5.2

due 10/29 ish

still in PMC Review mode

("stop ship", very safe, well reviewed, well tested).

There are 14 JUnit failures

Chuck - Linux specific problem, does not affect Windows testing. Fix dropped and released.

Jeff - Other teams, please go ahead with smoke test.

1.1
Bugs pending PMC approval

1.2
Bugs to be fixed in 1.5.2

1.5.2 due 10/29, only 2 weeks left. As usual, we want to leave the last week for truely stop ship fixes. So we should try to get all fixes in next week. What's our progress, incoming rate?

Chuck - Have fixes for the jst.j2ee and wst.validation bugs. Are testing them. Will request PMC approval shortly

Keith - The 2 XML related bugs are pending PMC approval

Nitin - Am investigating the 2 jst.jsp bugs, hopefully will have fix early next week.

Larry D. - The RDB bug is approved by the PMC, just have to commit/release the fix.

Raghu - Initially we said 10 or so bug fixes for 1.5.2. It now turns out to be way more than that.

We really have to raise the bar and only approve truely critical fixes.

1.3
Bugs fixed in 1.5.2

Just a reminder that we should ask our adopters to verify these bugs asap.

1.4 Bumping version numbers

Chuck:

org.eclipse.wst.common.emf (1.1.1)

org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks (1.1.1)

org.eclipse.wst.common.modulecore (1.1.1)

org.eclipse.wst.web (1.1.1)

org.eclipse.jst.common.frameworks
(1.1.1)
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb(1.1.1)

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.jca(1.1.1)

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee(1.1.1)

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.core (1.1.1)

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.web (1.1.1)

Tim:
org.eclipse.jst.server.core (1.0.103)

org.eclipse.wst.server.core (1.0.103)

org.eclipse.wst.server.ui (1.0.103)

Chuck and Tim will update these plug-ins' version IDs for next week.

2.0  WTP 2.0 Status

2.0M2 declared last week. Thanks everyone.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=Web_Tools_Platform_2.0_Plan

3.0 Other Business?

3.1 Remember to Update tutorials for 1.5.1/1.5.2

3.2 EclipseCon 2007 is open for business

We have another company interested in joining WTP. Specifically, they are interested in providing Axis 2.0 Web service support.

Jeffrey Liu
IBM Rational Software
IBM Toronto Lab.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/UMZ/8200/MKM (D3-268)
T/L: 969 3531
Tel: (905) 413 3531
Fax: (905) 413 4920