Re: [wtp-dev] Version Minor Number Increase for org.eclipse.wst.rdb.core

Thanks Larry, I've updated the org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.annotations.ui plug-in to increase the range for rdb.core.

But, I increased it "only" to 1.2.0, exclusive, since, I'm not sure what Naci is using in there, and since rdb is technically not API.
If you and Naci want to search out, examine all his uses, and you agree you'll leave those as "freind api" through out 1.x development, AND, if he agrees he would not use anything else without your knowledge and agreement, then I think it would be great if ALL the rdb plugin pre-req ranges were changed to have an upper bound of 2.0.0) as you suggest. But, that "prep work" should be done first, and documented in a bugzilla, in case someone needs to refer to it 3 months from now or something.

Also, its sort of independent from the range increase, but I did increase the version of the ejb.annotations.ui by .1 in the service field, especially since that plugin did contain bug fixes since WTP 1.5.0 was released, it should have been increased earlier ... when changes from 1.5.0 stream were first introduced in the build.

Thanks again.

Lawrence E Dunnell/Redmond/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/06/2006 02:29 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] Version Minor Number Increase for        org.eclipse.wst.rdb.core

I'm actually not very comfortable making this change to the
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.annotations.ui plug-in as I am not entirely sure what the new version number should be for the plug-in.  Could the owner of this plug-in please update the this plug-in so that I can check in my change without breaking the build?  The upper limit of the pre-req plug-in should be "2.0.0)".

org.eclipse.wst.rdb.core;
bundle-version="[1.0.106,2.0.0)"

Thanks,

Larry Dunnell
Internet address: ledunnel@xxxxxxxxxx

Lawrence E Dunnell/Redmond/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/05/2006 04:29 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Version Minor Number Increase for org.eclipse.wst.rdb.core

I am ready to increase the minor field of the version number of the org.eclipse.wst.rdb.core plug-in but the org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.annotations.ui plug-in has not increased its dependency version yet.   Is it okay if go ahead and update that plug-in when I deliver?  If I don't hear any objections, I will do the update tomorrow.