[wtp-dev] wtp.server.core.publishTask extension point

Hi Gunnar,

Yes, this extension point can be used for server independant publishing tasks. It's basically a way to plug in any operation into the publish process, and you can use the attributes to specify which (or all) servers it runs with.

My only concern is the scope of what you're doing, since it sounds like it would be modifying the project structure or adding new files to the module... is that really a publish operation? It almost sounds like this should be a separate operation, a deploy step, or a builder. Still, you know the behaviour you're looking for and something like this should be possible.

Thanks,
Tim deBoer
WebSphere Tools - IBM Canada Ltd.
(905) 413-3503  (tieline 969)
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

----- Message from Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:38:02 -0400 -----

To:
wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:
[wtp-dev] wtp.server.core.publishTask extension point

Hi!

I'm wondering if I'm allowed to contribute server independent publish
operations to any web project using this extension point?

Basically I want to modify the flex project configuration my add a new
virtual directory that maps to a project output folder and then
generating some content in that directory.

Am I heading in the right direction or shouldn't I do it that way?

Another solution would be skipping the modification of the flex project
setup and generating/deploying directly into the target webapp
directory. However, this seems to be a server specific task, i.e. the
target directory and format is different for Tomact, Bea, WebSphere,
etc., isn't it?

Cu, Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht