Re: [wtp-dev] File locking on web.xml

Check your debug view and pause all of the threads. You may find some (non-UI set) of them deadlocked. If that's the case, then your problem is probably already resolved in the most recent builds. If not, you may have found a new defect.

Kind Regards,

Michael D. Elder
Rational Studio / Services Tools Development
IBM RTP Lab
(919) 543-8356 T/L:  441-8356
mdelder@xxxxxxxxxx

http://scribbledideas.blogspot.com/  | http://blogs.tap.ibm.com/weblogs/page/mdelder@xxxxxxxxxx | http://planetradical.raleigh.ibm.com/

"Developers are like artists; they produce their best work if they have the freedom to do so, but they need good tools." -- Werner Vogels

Cameron Bateman <cameron.bateman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/24/2006 03:14 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] File locking on web.xml

I mean an OS lock.  I haven't profiled the OS level handle, but when I
attempt a file rename while debugging the problem I get file lock errors
back from Windows Explorer that jive with the exceptions I'm getting
from workspace.delete when I attempt to delete the project containing
the locked file.

--Cam