What? What's RC1? Enough people have
been asking me, I realize I haven't done a very good job of communicating
There has been a little "clarification"
of the Callisto schedule, and it was decided everyone needed a "quick
and then subsequent "due dates"
would have a narrowing gap. These are listed in the Callisto plan
and I've pasted the next few at the
bottom of this note.
(Someone, besides me, I'm assuming will
be update our WTP web pages to clarify).
So, yes, our weekly I-build this week
will be "RC1" ... based on Eclipse RC1 .... well, actually RC1a,
once its ready.
So, for you early risers, there's no
harm in getting the recent RC1 candidate build, and shaking it out some,
especially if you haven't been already,
but, we still need to upgrade to RC1b
and RC1 of all our pre-reqs.
There will be some issues if you do
anything HTML related, but that will be fixed if you run on RC1b (no need
to wait for a re-compile to run and test on RC1b).
(Oh, and don't forget to well-test items
that might be effected by us newly including the
But ... there's another blocker ...
sort of ...
I do not think this would be evident
with "end users" using the build, but,
it does prevent our JUnit tests from
running --- and as sparse as they are, we need
them to run (and pass!) to declare
So, 3 options,
1. We could do our builds/tests with
a "patched" build, to fix 136970 (and before you ask, we've already
gotten an RC1a ... let's not push our luck :)
2. We could all add ErrorDialog.AUTOMATED_MODE=true
to the 'setup' method of our UI related JUnit tests (we should do that
not sure how much time/effort it will
be, and not positive it will easily and completely work-around this particular
3. Jeffrey ... ? Do you still have those
automatic cascading tests running? Maybe we could live with a Windows test?
Or, heck, guess "4." I
could X-Windows to the test machine and keep clicking "Yes"
now that Naci's showed me how :)
Bottom line, I do not think we will
be ready to "smoke test" until late Thursday, and/or early Friday
... but, it is still important we declare by noon on Friday
(keep that train a' chug'n). So,
do feel free to say if you think this impossible, but otherwise, let's
plan on that. I'm sure we'll have an update by the 2:00 status meeting.