Re: [wtp-dev] UI consistency issue with 'marker' names

+1 to having using 'XYZ Problem' for WTP markers, as it suggests that there
is something that should be addressed and fixed.

'Message' and the 'plugin name' are probably less likely to invoke action.

Janet Mockler

Rational Application Developer and IBM Software Development Platform Visual
Design Lead
IBM Toronto Media Design Studio | [p] 905.413.5956 [t/l] 969.5956 | [e]
jmockler@xxxxxxxxxx | [at 8200] PWA C1-244

             Craig
             Salter/Toronto/IB
             M@IBMCA                                                    To
             Sent by:                  wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             wtp-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [wtp-dev] UI consistency issue with
             04/12/2006 08:21          'marker' names
             PM

             Please respond to
                 "General
               discussion of
              project-wide or
               architectural
                 issues."

Hi,

I've noticed our WTP 'marker' names are a bit wonky.   The platform names
it's markers using a "XYZ Problem" convention.  Many of our WTP validators
define markers using an "XYZ Message" convention.  Worse still there's some
rather ugly org.eclipse.jst.xxx and org.eclipse.wst.xxx names showing up in
the list too.

In WTP 1.5 I'd like to propose (the simple change) of naming things
consistently with the rest of eclipse using the "XYZ Problem" convention.
Any thoughts?

thanks

Craig

Craig Salter
Rational Studio XML Web Services
Internal Mail: D3/RY6/8200 /MKM
Phone: (905) 413-3918  TL: 969-3918 FAX: (905) 413-4920
Internet: csalter@xxxxxxxxxx     Notes: Craig Salter/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA