RE: [wtp-dev] Proposal for the hot bug process

Ted,

We reviewed this on the PMC call today. We'll go with a one bug system to start - no need to open refering bugs. Jeffrey will post an updated process proposal.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

"Ted Bashor" <tbashor@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/14/2006 01:41 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [wtp-dev] Proposal for the hot bug process

I assume that if I want to request hot bug status for a bug I didn’t originate, I open a new [hotbug_request] bug that references the real bug report.  And if/when my request is accepted, you will either change the prefix on that bug to [hotbug] or open another referencing bug with that prefix.  Is that right?

If the decision is to track open hotbugs via a referencing bugs, then perhaps, for consistency, even if I originate a bug report that I want to be hot, I should be required to create the hotbug request in an external bug report?

If we do this, then I don’t think we need both the [hotbug] and [hotbug_request] prefix, just [hotbug] will do.  By definition, all [hotbug] reports where the requested target milestone doesn’t match the target milestone in the referenced bug are in the “request” state.  Just trying to make less work for you, Jeff J

-Ted