Re: [wtp-dev] Exploded deployment and auto reconcile (wtp 1.0)

Apurba,

AFAIK, that would work. I agree that it would be nice to have the adapter work off the explored WAR so you can immediately see JSP changes. FYI, the Tomcat adapter has an auto publish feature. It checks for changes periodically and republishes. You can set the time period.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

Apurba Nath <apurba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/13/2006 01:08 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Exploded deployment and auto reconcile (wtp 1.0)

Hi

We support exploded form deployment in our J2EE server, and any
directory sticking to the war/ejb-jar format from any place can be
deployed. We are trying to create a wtp plugin for our server. Since the
files are copied over to the .metadata for deployment and no auto
reconcile seems to run on that folder, a change in the user's jsp does
not get reflected in the exploded war, so though ideally he could have
just tested the changes straightway, he now has to do a republish. Can
we write a resource delta visitor to do the auto reconcile or is there
any other approach that we should take.

Thanks
Apurba