[wtp-dev] WTP 1.0.1 Key Dates

At the status telecon we discussed the shutdown schedule for WTP 1.0.1. I'd like to propose the following actual dates:

1. We need to close the Hot Bug request for 1.0.1 this week (e.g. Sunday 1/29). Any new Hot Bug request will be defered to either 1.5, or if there is sufficient demand 1.0.2.

2. At least three Hot Bugs will require another week. We will therefore treat next week's M-build as RC1.
Monday Feb 6 - RC1 Build
Tuesday Feb 7 - RC1 Smoke Test
Wednesday Feb 8 - RC1 declared

3. We will enter the cool down period on Feb. 8. If stop-ship bugs are found, we'll rebuild and reset the clock.

4. If no stop-ship bugs are found in RC1, we'll declare that as WTP 1.0.1 on Feb. 20 (= Feb. 6 + 2 weeks).

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411