[wtp-dev] Proposed Bugs for RC5

We have significantly improved the quality of WTP 1.0 since RC2. However, it looks like we may need one last  build on 12/15 or 16, in which case the release would occur on 12/22 or 23.

The good news is that the incoming rate for hot bugs has dropped down. The bad news is that we have several problems that might justify an RC5. I have therefore temporarily untargetted them. At the Thursday status call, let's decide their disposition, either fix in RC5 or defer to 1.0.1. Here's the list:
120267 cri P2 david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx wakao@xxxxxxxxxx ASSI wst.sse --- NPE when calling DocumentCSS#getOverrideStyle()
120562 cri P2 jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx kkatyal@xxxxxxxxxx NEW jst.j2ee --- Using WTP smart copy, certain classes not found in web-in...
120428 cri P2 jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx lbustelo@xxxxxxxxx NEW wst.web --- StaticWebDeployableFactory not implementing getListenerPa...
119416 cri P2 kosta@xxxxxxx jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx REOP wst.comm --- Facet loading is slow on wizard startup
120881 cri P2 rfrost@xxxxxxx rfrost@xxxxxxx NEW jst.j2ee --- Race condition between refactoring logic and server liste...
120266 cri P2 vbhadrir@xxxxxxxxxx naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx NEW wst.vali --- Importing an exisiting web project into a clean workspace...
120518 nor P2 wst-inbox@xxxxxxxxxxx conanc@xxxxxxxxxx NEW Web Stan --- Bad building build.properties for org.apache.xerces.feature

I believe that we have tested fixes for all except bug 119416. Bug 120518 has a workaround but should be fixed if we build RC5.

On Thursday, the reporter and owner of each bugs should be prepared to make a fix/defer recommendation.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411