Re: [wtp-dev] Just One Critical Bug Left for M9

Tim,

Thx for handling 117346. I see it is now FIXED.

The criteria for a milestone are that no blocking/critical or P1 bugs targetted to that milestone are unresolved. Of course, we rely on the judgement of the development team to decide what goes into a milestone. Since M9 is the last milestone before we release 1.0, it should be functionally complete at this point. This also means that all API targetted for 1.0 are defined. M10 should include only bug fixes and completion of the Javadoc and JUnit coverage of the API. Any APIs that don't acheive good quality, documentation, or test coverage will be deferred to 1.5. Any incomplete function should be deferred to 1.5. We need to focus on stability and quality now.

At today's status meeting we'll review the remaining bugs. If you feel strongly that any unresolved bugs should be targetted to M9, please raise that issue now so we can discuss it (or better yet fix it) prior to the status meeting.

We'll also priortize the remaining bugs according to their impact on adoptors.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

Timothy Deboer/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/22/2005 06:00 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] Just One Critical Bug Left for M9

Hi Arthur,

Please see my previous note - this bug was caused by a regression in the facets framework, and a fix has been released and is ready for a build.

Can someone remind me what the criteria for declaring a milestone is? I still see 21 blocking & critical defects open - most are targetted to M10, but a couple haven't been investigated yet.

Thanks,

Tim deBoer
WebSphere Tools - IBM Canada Ltd.
(905) 413-3503  (tieline 969)
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/22/2005 05:25 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Just One Critical Bug Left for M9

On behalf of the PMC, I'd like to thank the development team for reducing our blocker/critical list. I know people are working very hard to make our M9 date. We just have one left:
117346 cri P3 PC deboer@xxxxxxxxxx NEW NPE when creating EAR/web project and