[wtp-dev] Server Tools API changes

Hi,

Due to other changes within WTP, I have made two API changes related to cleanup and simplification in server tools:

1) Flexible project support for multiple modules within a single project was removed a few weeks ago. One of the server utility methods was created specifically to support this case and can revert back to it's earlier form. The method:
       List ServerUtil.getModules(IProject)
   will be changed to:
       IModule ServerUtil.getModule(IProject)
This change may affect any user of the server tools client API.

2) To support facets the J2EE team has defined new ids and versions for each of the J2EE modules. Although they are not used interchangably, these do not match the module type ids used for J2EE modules in server tools. To avoid confusion and allow for future merging, all of the module type ids have been changed to match the ids used by J2EE. In many cases, the version ids have changed as well to match the module version instead of the J2EE version. For example, 'j2ee.web 1.2' has changed to 'jst.web 2.2'.
This change will affect the J2EE team and server adapter providers.

Please see 113621 for further details or to comment on this change. I have already discussed this change with the two major teams affected (J2EE and Web Services). The changes are available in HEAD and I plan to release these changes to the build tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks,
Tim deBoer
WebSphere Tools - IBM Canada Ltd.
(905) 413-3503  (tieline 969)