Re: [wtp-dev] EntityResolver that uses cache and proxy?

Ian,
Actually, all of resolvers provided by WTP are currently not supported
API.  With that out of the way, a better solution would be to write an
EntityResolver backed by the Extensible URI Resolver found in
org.eclipse.wst.common.uriresolver.  The caching resolver that Arthur
mentions is but one of several contributed extensions to the extensible
resolver that hides the complexities of caching, catalog lookups, and
flexible project layouts, from anyone needing to resolve URIs.

Lawrence has already authored such a class for the
org.eclipse.wst.dtd.core plugin,
org.eclipse.wst.dtd.core.internal.validation.Validator.DTDEntityResolver,
which can be used an example.

---
Nitin Dahyabhai

Arthur Ryman <ryman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
10/17/2005 10:15 PM
Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx" <ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx>, "General discussion of
project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] EntityResolver that uses cache and proxy?

Ian,

We have a caching URI resolver. It uses the proxy settings by virtue of
java.net. Lawrence Mandel is the developer. He's at OOPSLA this week and
may not have email access.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

"Ian Trimble" <ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
10/17/2005 02:40 PM

Please respond to
"ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx" and "General discussion of project-wide or
architectural issues."

"wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[wtp-dev] EntityResolver that uses cache and proxy?

Hi,

I'm currently working on the JSF sub-project. I'm wondering if there
exists a "stock" EntityResolver implementation that uses the proxy as set
in Internet preferences and also caches the resolved entity automagically?
In the absence of a "stock" implementation, what is the pattern for making
use of the proxy/cache?

Thanks in advance,
 - Ian

Ian Trimble