Re: [wtp-dev] Added detail: Alternate flexible workspace proposals

Can WAR/EAR reference JAR files inside the workspace? We wrap
thirdparty JAR files in projects (similar to how Eclipse treats ANT or
JUNIT jars) and it would be really helpfull for us to be able to
reference such "wrapper" projects as dependents.

--- Chuck Bridgham <cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Naci,
>
> Thanks for the feedback,
>
> In regards to dependencies outside the workspace.  We can do this now
> for
> utility jars.  The "J2EE Module dependencies" page offers this option
>
> under "EAR Modules" and "Web libraries".
> The buttons "Add External jar"  and "Add Variable" will settup
> classpath
> entries for these jars, and the variable can be used for team sharing
>
> scenarios.
> If a single shared folder is the requirment, resource linking could
> be
> used here, as it doesn't require the folder to be managed by the
> workspace, just a path to the filesystem.

Back to the top