Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
[wtp-dev] Minutes of the WTP Status Telecon, 2005-07-28

See WTP Status Telecons [1] for more information.


Amy Wu, Arthur Ryman, Chris Brealey, Chuck Bridgham, Craig Salter, David Williams, Der-Ping Chou, Jeffrey Liu, John Lanuti, Kathy Chan, Kosta Komissarchik, Lawrence Mandel, Nitin Dahyabhai, Paul Meijer, Phil Avery, Raghu Srinivasan, Rob Frost, Susan Yeshin, Ted Bashor, Tim deBoer, Tim Wagner


1. Approval of Minutes - Arthur Ryman

Are there any corrections to last week's minutes? [1]

Arthur: Minutes approved with no corrections.


2. RC5 Status - Tim Wagner

All component leads should be prepared to discuss RC5. Are there any more stop-ship defects? At present we have no unresolved P1 bugs [2].

Can we declare RC5 as WTP 0.7 Final? Recall the Endgame Rampdown Plan [1]:

Additional RCs as directed by PMC:

  • P1 only can be addressed
  • Component lead and PMC must approve all changes
  • All changes communicated to wtp-dev mailing list

Lawrence: I am working on doc changes now. I'm doing local builds. ETA is this afternoon. I'll send David a note and patch when docs are complete. David will do the final build.

TimW: There is a pending query on approval for the WAP DTDs.

Lawrence: I've asked David to find the approvals.

David: I'll locate the approvals. I'll pull the WAP DTDs if I can't resolve the approvals.

Arthur: Let's give this a deadline of Friday noon.

Tim: Are there any other IP issues?

Arthur: None noted.

David: There are still some untriaged critical bugs.

Arthur: We have an action item for those. Let's go over them next.



3. Review of Open Action Items - Arthur Ryman

Refer to Bugzilla [1].

105217 nor P3 PC jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx NEW website [action] Bug queries include remind and later bugs
105219 nor P3 PC lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx NEW Web Stan [action] Clean up open defects targetted for 0.7
105221 nor P3 PC jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx NEW releng [action] Jeff to test the update manager for RC2
102763 nor P3 PC ryman@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW wst.serv [action] All Component Owners to Add Rationale to Defered...
102767 nor P3 PC cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW J2EE Sta [action] All Component Owners to Ask Reporters to Verify ...
103698 nor P3 PC david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW wst.sse [action] All WTP Developers Should Verify Their Resolved ...


4. WTP 0.7 Maintenance Stream - Jeffrey Liu

We currently have NL defects that will prevent some products from adopting WTP 0.7. We have been requested to created a maintenance stream for NL defects only. Strict change control will be enforced.

Jeffrey: TVT testers have opened a number of bugs. We can't fix these for 0.7 so we need a maintenance stream. Has the PMC approved this?
Arthur: Yes, in principle. We still need to decide on which Eclipse 3.1 maintenance release we need. We don't know the Eclipse 3.1 maintenance schedule yet.
Jeffrey: I'll post a proposal next week for how to handle the NL fixes.
David: We should limit fixes to major NL problems. BTW, I've requested a new set of Bugzilla targets for the 0.7 maintenance stream.

5. WTP 1.0 Kickoff - Arthur Ryman

Enough relaxing! Time to kickoff WTP 1.0. The theme of this release is promotion of provisional APIs to platform status. We need to complete Javadocs and test coverage. Limit API changes to problems reported by adopters. The Flexible Project API is a special case. Chuck Bridgham will schedule some design reviews. Here is the milestone plan [1]:

  • 1.0 M8: September 23, 2005
  • 1.0 M9: November 18, 2005
  • 1.0 M10 Final: December 16, 2005

We need to decide on an API Freeze date.

Chris: Sept. 23 is too little time for the Web services components to react to the anticipated changes to the Flexible Project APIs.
Arthur: How about staging the API freeze?
Raghu: Will the work on Flexible Project start in August?
Chuck: Yes. I'll post some information next week, followed by some calls. We also need to discuss Server Features.
TimW: Ted, can you discuss this now?
Ted: Kosta and I are finishing a Server Features document today and will post it  for discsussion.
TimD: Can all components leads please update  the Web site with the current schedule information?
Arthur: Lawrence will be leading a Web site cleanup to make sure all pages refer to the current milestone plans and dates.


6. Status Meeting Schedule  - Arthur Ryman

Status meetings will be suspended during August. You should use the mailing lists to communicate status and resolve issues. If you need a telecon, request one via this mailing list .

7. Other Business - Open

TimW: Will Chuck be available in August to dicuss Server Features and Flexible Projects?
Chuck: Yes.
Chris: I'd like involvement from Web services in these discussions. Next week, please contact Kathy Chan since I'll be on vacation.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

Back to the top