From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Chuck Bridgham
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 12:49 PM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] Plain Jar Component Type?

Hi Konstantin,

As Neeraj answered, the java component will create a "utility" jar component that can be referenced within other components.

If you are asking about loose jars...  and how they are defined/referenced within the component model.  We have a plan for this....
but the support didn't make M4. Any jar on the classpath(within the workbench or out) can be a referenced component.

BTW - Thanks for your submition of the WEB-INF/lib container - we are starting to test with it, and this is a nice addition!

In case people wondered, this container will replace the "listener" that used to exist for the WEB-INF/lib folder, and keeps the classpath entries in sync.

Thanks - Chuck

Rational J2EE Tooling Team Lead
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
Email:  cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 919-254-1848 (T/L: 444)

Neeraj Agrawal/New Haven/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/20/2005 03:22 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] Plain Jar Component Type?

Yes  there  is  a   wizard  to  create a  Java Component  Type,  it   is   accessible   through  File->New->Other->Java->Java  Component.

Thanks

Neeraj

"Konstantin Komissarchik" <kosta@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/20/2005 03:01 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

<wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Plain Jar Component Type?

Is there a plain jar component type (and an associated creation wizard) for the flexible project model?

Thanks,

- Konstantin