Re: [wtp-dev] remaining M3 to do's for annotated servlet support

On a related note folks, Web services tools in M3 will not support flexible project structure. The Web services wizards will be getting updated in M4 to support this.

Cheers - CB.

Chris Brealey
Rational Studio Java Web Services, IBM Canada Ltd.
D3-275, D3/ENX/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6G 1C7
cbrealey@xxxxxxxxxx, 905.413.6038, tieline:969.6038, fax:905.413.4920

John Lanuti <jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/18/2005 04:00 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] remaining M3 to do's for annotated servlet  support

Hey Naci,

I have reworked and simplified our servlet operations and data models even further.  Some of these changes were in base classes

which you needed to react to in ejb land.  I went ahead and fixed these up for you as well.   I added extensive java doc also, so you

should be able to make sense of the data models and operations much more clearly.

If anyone sees any issues with servlet creation, annotated or non-annotated, let me know.  We will be testing on Monday and hope to flush

out as many bugs as possible.

Hope all is going well with the remaining servlet and EJB tasks for M3.

Something that just came up for M4, we'll have to change our wizards to allow flexible project support.  For M3, servlets will be a

classic folder structure only.  EJBs aren't an issue yet because only web projects were promised for M3 with flexible project support.

Thanks,

John Lanuti
Software Engineer, IBM Rational
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861

"Well, in the end, my friend, we will all be together again."  -Of A Revolution
"I'll be awful sometimes, weakened to my knees, but I'll learn to get by on the little victories."  - Matt Nathanson

Naci Dai <naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/16/2005 03:44 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] remaining M3 to do's for annotated servlet  support

We'll do the remaining tasks by monday hopefully.

Naci,

On the web side, we also have some remaining work items for annotated servlet creation that really need to be finished soon

as the M3 milestone is nearing.

Here are the items which need to be adressed ASAP:

1) A web preference section needs to be added to the xdoclet section for the webdoclet.

2) The web xdoclet builder has to be created and added to web projects.  For now, I added the same xdoclet builder from the

session bean operation into the servlet operation.  But you probably know better than I how this needs to be tweaked.  We will

also need any code to get the xdoc gen of the web.xml working.  Currently this is not working at all.

I will be creating the servlet tutorial so that we can test these creation scenarios on Monday, but I really need these xdoclet issues

to be resolved before then as well.  Do you think you can have this for M3?  Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Thanks,

John Lanuti
Software Engineer, IBM Rational
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861

"Well, in the end, my friend, we will all be together again."  -Of A Revolution
"I'll be awful sometimes, weakened to my knees, but I'll learn to get by on the little victories."  - Matt Nathanson

Naci Dai,

Managing Director

eteration a.s.

Inonu cad. Sumer sok. Zitas D1-15