Re: [wtp-dev] Flexible Project Structure Concepts Document

Michael,

This is great progress.  Your team have presented a simple to understand model, which is an achievement on it own.  Here are some questions/comments.

-  The concept of a DependentModule is presented as a mechanism where a module such as a WebApp will reference other modules, such as an ordinary  Java library (i.e. struts.jar) that will typically end up in the web-inf/lib after a deployable structure is build.   I also presume that this is the same mechanism you have envisioned to assemble  an EnterpriseApplication (ear).  Is it so?  I have the impression that ears are somehow treated differently than other modules in WTP.  This could be an incorrect statement but can you elaborate a bit on the following use cases:
        -Ear and web and an ejb module are all inside a same project
        -Ear is a separate project and web/ejb are in the same project (your model allows for inter-project module dependency)
        -They are all in separate project.

The reason I am concerned here is that I do not think an EAR is that special to have its own separate way of being handled.

- A minor point but the XML example you provide have the same Tag to define a module and its type
     <wb-module deploy-name="Foo.war" >
        <web-module module-type-id="jst.web" />
     </wb-module>
It is preferable and better style to have a different tag for the module type (i.e. <wb-module-type  id="jst.web"  /> )

- When  publish the API for concrete subclasses of the WorkbenchModules (i.e EjbModule / WebModule) we will be in a better position to comment on the APIs. However,  we should be able to query a WorkbenchModule for its source folders/output folders.  To be more precise, the modules which may have source folders, such as an EjbModule/WebModule.  I suspect the builders use such API.  We will definitely need it for EJB support.