Re: [wtp-dev] Integration build process

Tim,

- I agree with more stringent testing of the builds and giving more responsibility to component owners in this process.  We can use the lists in http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/wst/components.xml and http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/jst/components.xml for this task.

We should definitely follow these rules for M (Milestone) and (S) release builds.  We have laid out a series of builds that will lead to an M/R build in .  So we can make sure that the testing is also accounted for in this process.

However,

- I am not in favor of a very formal process for I-Builds.  I-Builds are "marked" integration points for developers.  It is important to set a rhythm and try to keep up with that. So I am in favor of staying away from formally declaring a build and integration build, no more than that it happens on thursdays.  There can be couple of repeats during the day to fix problems.  The point is that it is a labeled(versioned) build that provides a point of reference.  This means that there will be problems in I-Builds and sometimes major ones, and that is ok.  As david said, if some components have a long history of not beaing fixed. It will show.