Re: [wtp-dev] should WST have references to JDT?

Hi Arthur,

You said:

(1) I agree we need to avoid forcing users to install more than they need.
(2) However, that is a different goal than completely removing any JDT dependency from ALL plug-ins.

Sentence (1) contradicts (2). JDT is usefull only for Java developers, and you cannot say all or most developers interested on XML need or want to use Java. So, to get (1) you need to remove JDT dependencies from everything that is not Java-related. And all Java stuff should de outside the base WST features.

[]s, Ferando Lozano

Back to the top