Re: [wtp-dev] should WST have references to JDT?

Fernado,

WST includes tools the support the XML family of specifications, e.g. XSD, independently of a Web service interface.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

fernando@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/12/2004 01:51 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] should WST have references to JDT?

Arthur,

I think this would be a case for a component outside the WST (say a wst-commons
whichg you can download and install without the WST). XML is not necessarily
web applications. I use the same reasoning: if I can develop for theb without
java, I should not need the JDT. If I can use XML without a web interface (I am
not doing webservices) I do not need the WST.

But if it is on the WebTools Project and needs Java, it should be on the JST.
After all, if you can use the WST only to get XML features, why not use the JST
to get Java/XML features?

[]s, Fernando Lozano