Last week I committed to resolving the
build problems with the Data tools. Here's the status.
The problems are mainly caused by missing
dependencies. Some of these are common components in the IBM contribution.
A few of these have already been renamed in the wst.common component. The
rest of these are in the process of being renamed and will be checked in
this week if all goes well. Chuck Bridgham is leading this effort. We had
some discussions on the naming conventions and I believe we have settled
on the names.
However, the other dependencies are
on code that comes from other Eclipse projects. For example, com.ibm.wtp.comm.util
is actually part of the Eclipse VE project even though the name suggests
otherwise. We don't want to copy this code so we'll be just referencing
it and pulling a binary JAR into our build. The longer term solution is
to move this function into the Eclipse platform and we have been discussing
this option with Kevin Haaland.
I expect all the dependencies will be
resolved this week, after which we will probably need to do a slight tweak
on the Data tools to match the actual names we settled on.
Thanks again for your contributions.
I am confident that once the IBM code contribution gets refreshed, renamed,
and checked into CVS, that things will run much more smoothly. Your patience