Re: [wtp-dev] data tools code in cvs

Panagiotis,

That's completely my fault. Please accept my apologies for not responding sooner. I appreciate the time you spent working on this code and will make sure your patches get applied.

I will commit to resolving these problems this week.

As you may know, the IBM team is heavily involved in completing our current product release which we recently announced publicly as Rational Application Developer V6, the follow on to WebSphere Studio V5. [1]

The Data Tools team plans to refresh their code around November 15. As a interim solution I checked in the original contribution, but neglected to include the .project and .classpath files and some dependencies. I got sidetracked before I was able to fix those problems since there is still a lot of development activity getting V6 done as well as lot of WTP activity to get the other components on track.

So that's my explanation which at least addresses your point #3. I'll get onto points #1 and #2 asap.

Thx again for your contributions and I look forward to things running much more smoothly once the IBM team can fully focus on WTP.

[1] http://www.ibm.com/software/info/developer/radrwd/index.jsp

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

Panagiotis Korros <panagiotis.korros@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/31/2004 07:07 AM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] data tools code in cvs

Two weeks ago the data tools code appeared in the web-tools CVS
repository. The code had several issues:
1. The plugin projects didn't had any .project and .classpath files.
2. Some plugins were missing and the code couldn't compile

The web tools community spotted these issues and event sent patches to
resolve some of them. see:
http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=1588&group=eclipse.webtools
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/wtp-wst-dev/msg00010.html
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/wtp-wst-dev/msg00013.html
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/wtp-wst-dev/msg00014.html

Two weeks after:
1. the code didn't changed at all.
2. the code still has compile errors
3. no answer was given in the mailing list.

Why is that?

I don't think that ignoring, is the way to get the community involved.

--
Take back the web http://www.getfirefox.com