[wtp-dev] Mac OS X won't build project

I have a project (created under Eclipse 3.0 and Web Tools on Linux) which
references a Tomcat server via the Server feature of Web Tools.  It works
properly under Linux, but doesn't work on Mac OS X Panther.  It displays
two problems under Problems:

	The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find
the class file for java.lang.Object. Fix the build path then try building
this project	myproject			August 4, 2004 11:52:49 PM

	The type java.lang.Object cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced
from required .class
files	MyClass.java	JavaSource.org.myproject.MyClass.java	line 1	August 4,
2004 11:52:49 PM

I have downloaded the latest Java updates from ADC.  I believe that this
results in a configuration where Eclipse is invoked via a complete SDK,
rather than just a JRE, but I am new to the platform and am not certain.

I was incidentally able to start the app via Run On Server, and it worked
until a .jsp needed to be compiled, but it failed as the resulting servlet
was never generated.

Are there known problems with MacOS X and the Web Tools, and if not, is
there documentation for setting up one's environment in such a way that it
works as it does on Windows and Linux?

Note that other projects that have no "knowledge" of Web Tools, i.e. were
not configured as type "Dynamic Web App" or using features such as Server,
build fine.

Back to the top