Re: [winery-dev] git authorname for third party libraries

Hi Oliver, I can't think of any reasonable value to put there other than your own name. In reality the 3rd party library has a different set of authors that is tracked by the CQ so I think it is fine to just release it as you. For example Orbit works the same way, the author of the commit for the 3rd party library in the Orbit repository is not related to the library of the author.

John

From:        Oliver Kopp <kopp.dev@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        Winery developer discussions <winery-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        03/28/2014 12:31 PM
Subject:        [winery-dev] git authorname for third party libraries
Sent by:        winery-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear mentors,

In Winery, we use a bunch of _javascript_ libraries. I tried to fetch
them via bower by creating a git repository for each third party
library. It didn't work out: bower couldn't fetch from the git
repositories. (E.g.,
http://git.eclipse.org/c/winery/3rdparty-requirejs.git/)

Now, I'm thinking of checking in all 3rd party libs in my code base.

I used to name another author (using --author) to indicate that I
haven't written the code. Eclipse, however, seems to check that field
and I should put my name there. Am I right?

Cheers,

Oliver