[websocket-dev] Which Specification teams plan to move their TCK tests out of the Platform TCK project?

[1][2] is a proposal for how to produce Standalone TCKs by extracting TCK tests from the Platform TCK.  The process for extracting Standalone TCK tests is described via the GUIDELINE FOR EXTRACTING TCK section [3].

Which Specification team(s) want to get started on extracting their Standalone TCK tests into their Specification project TCK?  You will publish your Standalone TCK artifacts to Maven so that the Platform TCK can consume your tests.  Some of the Standalone Specification TCKs will also be consumed by the Core Profile TCK (and possibly other EE profiles).

From the [1] feedback received so far, both TestNG + Junit5 are popular test frameworks.  Maven is the likely choice to switch to using in the EE Platform TCKs.

The Platform TCK community needs to take a deep look at the Platform TCK internals and consider what the Jakarta EE 10+ Platform TCK architecture will look like.  But I think first, we should do some incremental hacking to bring in some Maven based testing as suggested by jakartaee-tck/issues/51 [4] (thanks Markus KARG for starting that conversation that we are finally catching up with now :-)

Please respond to your respective Specification mailing list(s).  I know that the Eclipse `mailman` will not allow blind copying of any mailing lists which is why I didn't BCC the recipients of this email which might of been a better way to cross post all of you!  :)

Scott

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yDXTUUULUrFrUi1DV_9OcBKIiZLVxrZkA38MMvYdP-U/edit#
[2] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-platform/issues/333
[3] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yDXTUUULUrFrUi1DV_9OcBKIiZLVxrZkA38MMvYdP-U/edit#heading=h.gt76s6wqkrva