Re: [websocket-dev] Boilerplate spec PR and request for a Draft release ballot PR Friday, July 19th

On Jul 16, 2019, at 3:30 PM, Joakim Erdfelt <joakim.erdfelt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Where did the JDK8 requirement come from that these introduce?
We need to pay attention to the snapshot builds post-merge, ensure that this new JDK8 requirement doesn't interfere with the bytecode backward compat.

Story here is Bill created a spec template:

I created a little bit of code to help other projects out, giving them a PR based on that template:

That was just to be helpful.  About a dozen specs had PRs already merged or in progress and didn't need them.  Same amount merged them and tweaked them after.

Feel free to take either approach :)

Definitely do rip out anything that might not work for you.  As well specs are welcome to have separate repos for API classes and specification document.  100% up to the Websocket project how you all would like to manage API, Spec, TCK sources.

-David

Back to the top