[websocket-dev] Committer Election for Joakim Erdfelt on Eclipse Project for WebSocket has started

A committer election for Joakim Erdfelt on project Eclipse Project for
WebSocket (ee4j.websocket) was started by Dmitry Kornilov with this criteria:

This is a self-nomination of Joakim Erdfelt. I personally don't know him, but
based on his self-introduction, I think he is a good addition to WebSocket
team.

I'm a long time developer / committer on the Eclipse Jetty project.
I've also been active committer in various open source community for a while
(since 2004), starting with Apache and then Eclipse.
The past few years on Eclipse Jetty I've been the primary for the WebSocket
layers.
The WebSocket layers in Eclipse Jetty were started very early, back during
the early hixie drafts, and eventually the final IETF/RFC, to our own
implementation of the JSR-356 APIs.
We've been active in the ietf discussions around websocket for a long time
and have a positive history with standards groups (including the past
jsr356-users / jsr356-experts list as joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx)

-
http://download.oracle.com/javaee-archive/websocket-spec.java.net/jsr356-experts/2013/04/0505.html
-
http://download.oracle.com/javaee-archive/websocket-spec.java.net/users/2012/11/0182.html

We've been actively improving our WebSocket implementation with an eye on
Spring layers, Reactive APIs, and even the new WebSocket over HTTP/2 drafts.
I'd be honored to be included in the revived javax.websocket discussions, and
would love to help solve the (growing) list of issues filed against version
1.0 and 1.1 of the API.

Eclipse Project for WebSocket project committers can click the election link
below to vote.

Election:
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ee4j.websocket/elections/election-joakim-erdfelt-committer-eclipse-project-websocket

Project: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ee4j.websocket