Re: [wb-dev] Update: Gitlab, new marketplace entry, updated download site

Thanks, Wim for keeping WB up-to-date.

Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb am Do., 23. Jan. 2020, 15:29:
Dear friends of Windowbuilder,

This is an update from the releng team.

Marketplace Nightly Build
We have added a new entry to eclipse marketplace: WindowBuilder Nightly Build [2]. It enables our users to quickly consume patches like the one Olivier recently fixed for a flipped screen on macosx.
The download site was changed to allow drag and drop to install [1]

New Features Release 1.9.3
* 558824 New Activator plugin message stringsĀ
* 552936 Cut and Paste a widget can't keep the original name

New Release 1.9.3
We will release 1.9.3 over the weekend. Release 1.9.4 has been prepared in bugzilla and on the project page. [3]

Gitlab
The foundation is going to host Gitlab. I think it is a great alternative to Gerrit and Github. The releng team is already testing with a Gitlab entry. Please go ahead and test it too [4]

Markeplace top 10
Windowbuilder is consistently listed in the marketplace 10. I have been using WB since the early Instantiations days (which was around 2005?) It is amazing that the product stays this popular and stable without any significant maintenance. [5]

Cheers,

On behalf of the entire releng team,

Wim